Tuesday 7 June 2016

Day 7 - 30 Days Wild - Lunchtime Safari


* Today's random act of wildness - Lunchtime Safari *

After reading Chris Packham's 'Wild Side of Town' it encouraged me to go and look around the City of Swansea for wildlife for my lunch break. It's quite a busy city, so I was so please with what I found within the hour...

Herring Gull on top of car park lights
Goldfinch fledgling in the car parks trees
Another goldfinch fledgling in the trees
Male Goldfinch 
Male goldfinch
Female sparrow
Carrion crow on a street light
Carrion Crow just a few feet away
Lots of feral pigeons...
...and some more!
Jackdaw contemplating whether it likes this piece of sponge cake
Back in the office Wildling checking out for seagulls

It's also my sister's birthday today, so happy birthday June - Some more good news is my local Swan's cygnets hatched today, they still on the nest so we don't know how many there are - Here's a pic of them last year from 30 Days wild - Day 14!


No comments:

Post a Comment